Parental Responsibility refers to the legal rights and responsibilities relating to your children. Married couples and fathers of children born after 1st December 2003 whose name appears on their child’s birth certificate automatically share parental responsibility of a child with their partner.
When this does not apply and you wish to share parental responsibility with your partner this can be achieved with a Parental Responsibility Agreement.
Under our Fixed Fee Service we will:
- Take your instructions and advise you
- Draft the Parental Responsibility Agreement and agree this with the child’s other parent
- Advise you as to the process of signing the document
- Register the order with the Principal Registry
Under our Fixed Fee Service we will not:
- Enter into negotiations with your partner/ex partner
- Deal with disputes regarding children, finances or any other matter
- Issue court proceeding or attend court on your behalf
We will confirm that your matter is suitable for our Fixed Price Law service on receipt of your detailed instructions. If your matter does not fall within our Fixed Price Law service e.g. if the matter is defended or complex, or additional work is required, we will still be able to undertake the work for you under our hourly rate service.
Your financial circumstances may mean you are eligible for Legal Aid. We will also consider your eligibility for Legal Aid at our first appointment.
All prices are exclusive of VAT and expenses.
Complete the form and one of our specialists will contact you shortly. You have also got the option to pay for this service now by ticking the 'Pay Now' box at the bottom of this form. Alternatively we will contact you about other methods of payment.