Where divorce proceedings are started by your spouse and you wish to be guided through those proceedings.
Under our Fixed Fee Service we will:
- Take full instructions from you and advise you about the proceedings
- Check the court documents and consider costs issues
- Complete the acknowledgement form on your behalf
- Liaise with the Court and your husband or wife’s solicitors throughout the matter
- Check and send to you the decree nisi and decree absolute
Under our Fixed Fee Service we will not:
- Deal with proceedings which become defended
- Deal with issues in respect of children or financial matters
- Attend Court
- Apply for decree absolute if your husband or wife does not do this
We will confirm that your matter is suitable for our Fixed Price Law service on receipt of your detailed instructions. If your matter does not fall within our Fixed Price Law service e.g. if the matter is defended, complex or additional work is required, we will still be able to undertake the work for you under our hourly rate service.
Your financial circumstances may mean you are eligible for Legal Aid. If you want to provisionally assess your eligibility click on the link to access the Legal Services Commission Legal Aid calculator. We will also consider your eligibility for Legal Aid at our first appointment.
All prices are exclusive of VAT and expenses.
Complete the form and one of our specialists will contact you shortly. You have also got the option to pay for this service now by ticking the 'Pay Now' box at the bottom of this form. Alternatively we will contact you about other methods of payment.