A Compromise Agreement is a legally binding agreement following the termination of your employment. It usually provides for a severance payment by your employer, in return for which you warrant not to pursue any claim you may have to an employment tribunal. If your employer is proposing a compromise agreement you need to have the agreement signed off by a qualified lawyer.um
Under our fixed fee service we will:
- Give independent legal advice to employees as to the terms and effect of any proposed Agreement
- In particular we will give advice on its effect on your ability to pursue your rights before an employment tribunal
- We will confirm that your adviser is a qualified lawyer for the purposes of the legislation and that there is a contract of insurance covering the risk of a claim in respect of any loss arising in consequence of that advice
- We will liaise with your employer or their representative and finalise the agreement on your behalf
Under our Fixed Fee Service we will not:
- Advise you on the tax implications of any payments
- Draft the initial compromise agreement
- Enforcement of any compromise agreement in the event of a breach
We will confirm that your matter is suitable for our Fixed Price Law Service on receipt of your detailed instructions. If your matter does not fall within our Fixed Price Law Service e.g. if the matter is complex or additional work is required, we will still be able to undertake work for you under our other funding options.
£250 – £450 GBP
All prices are exclusive of VAT and expenses
Complete the form and one of our specialists will contact you shortly. You have also got the option to pay for this service now by ticking the 'Pay Now' box at the bottom of this form. Alternatively we will contact you about other methods of payment.